We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Gutierrez is a patronymic name meaning "son of Gutierre" (son of Walter). Walter is a Gremanic name meaning "he who rules," and Gutierre is the Spanish word meaning the same thing.
Gutierrez is the 24th most common Hispanic surname.
Alternate Surname Spellings
Gutierres, Guterrez, Guterres, Guterez, Guteres, Butierrez, Butierres
Famous People With the Surname Gutierrez
- Esteban Manuel Gutiérrez Gutiérrez (born 1991): Mexican Formula One racing and Mercedes test driver
- Richard Gutierrez (born 1984): Filipino film and television actor and commercial model
- Ruffa Gutierrez (born 1974): Filipina actress, model and beauty queen, Ms. World
- Luis Vicente Gutiérrez (born 1953): U.S. politician from Illinois
- Sidney M. Gutierrez (born 1951): retired USAF colonel and NASA astronaut
Genealogy Resources for the Surname Gutierrez
100 Most Common U.S. Surnames & Their Meanings
Smith, Johnson, Williams, Jones, Brown… Are you one of the millions of Americans sporting one of these top 100 common last names from the 2000 census?
Gutierrez Family Genealogy Forum
Search this popular genealogy forum for the Gutierrez surname to find others who might be researching your ancestors, or post your own Gutierrez query.
FamilySearch - GUTIERREZ Genealogy
Find records, queries, and lineage-linked family trees posted for the Gutierrez surname and its variations.
- Cottle, Basil. "Penguin Dictionary of Surnames." Baltimore, MD: Penguin Books, 1967.
- Menk, Lars. "A Dictionary of German Jewish Surnames." Avotaynu, 2005.
- Beider, Alexander. "A Dictionary of Jewish Surnames from Galicia." Avotaynu, 2004.
- Hanks, Patrick and Flavia Hodges. "A Dictionary of Surnames." Oxford University Press, 1989.
- Hanks, Patrick. "Dictionary of American Family Names." Oxford University Press, 2003.
- Smith, Elsdon C. "American Surnames." Genealogical Publishing Company, 1997.